About Me

My photo
I'm a Digital art enthusiast, wife and mom, triplet, California girl to the core, love wine, digital scraping, good times w/ friends and family, travel, cool technology, great car design and beautiful paper. I've recently discovered blogging and I love it. I hope that I'll start to make great friends with similar and not so similar interest's as mine in the blogosphere.

Gardner Max

Gardner Max
2 year old Green thumb Max

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Reno/Tahoe, fishing with Grandpa and Max

We just left Reno yesterday after six fun filled days. Max and I had a great time. It's always a happy and satisfying event to spend time with my Dad and his WONDERFUL wife Linda, not to mention their sweet dog Loki of course, I would be remiss in not mentioning little ole' Loki.

It's funny, I've always thought Reno/the Greater Reno area is beautiful but every time I go to visit I grown more and more in love and in AWE of it. It's simply breathtaking. I know a lot of people probably scrunch up their noses at the thought of Reno, God knows I used to, but that town/city is like nothing I've seen or experienced before. It's a large town, small city nestled in a valley between the breath taking beauty of the Sierra Nevada Mountain range. There's beautiful views from every angle in this city. And if you're one that appreciates high desert foliage, such as myself then the city of Reno is candy for the eyes as well. I digress.

So my dad took Max fishing for the first time while we were there. Our first try was at the "Marina" which I found somewhat comical since it's simply a flooded rock quarry, but quaint none the less. They had no luck there, so we all packed up and made a very worth while forty five minute drive up to Davis Creek Park to try our hand at fishing there. Still no luck, I don't think a single person had even got a nibble the entire time we were there, but the surroundings were so beautiful that it just didn't matter. As soon as we opened the car doors and took in the delicious, crisp, dry pine scented air I knew we were in for a nice time, and we were. Max grew weary of waiting for fish to bite so after forty five minutes or so of hanging on to a fishing rod and catching nothing but creek moss he gave up and we went "exploring in nature" which amounted to hiking down very well worn fishing paths a half a yard from the creek. I didn't mind, it was eye candy still and I was able to get lots of great pictures. I did however feel a little bit bad for my dad who had lugged all of this fishing gear half way across Reno and back only to have Max bail in just shy of an hour. What can you expect from I five year old I guess. Max did have fun trying though and was up for going fishing again the next day. That didn't happen.

Any way, I'm happy to be down in So Cal now but oh do I already miss Reno/Tahoe and of course my Dad and Linda. I look forward to seeing them again soon.

Here's a collage I needed to do for an online class I'm taking. It's several images of Davis Creek Park and of course my dad and Max. I just wish I could somehow convey or include the smell and feel of the air there. It was heaven.

Good night for now,

No comments:

Post a Comment